Monday, June 30, 2008

I'm Home!

Hey there everyone!

I just wanted you to know I'm home! I'm sitting here in my bed (even though it's downstairs in the living room 'cause it's easier to make sure the hardwood floors are clean than the carpet, and well, to be honest, my room's a bit messy! :) ), with my pups sleeping on the couch beside me. Jameson hasn't really let me out of his sight too much since I've been home, and Guinness has been much cuddlier (is that a word?--it seems like I make up a lot!).
I'm having a difficult time adjusting, although I imagine it's that way for anyone who spends a while in the hospital. I'll write more tomorrow, but I just wanted you to know that I'm home. We don't have any more details about the transplant yet, but hopefully we'll figure that out soon. I went to my ENT today, and he put a tube in my left ear to help drain out some fluid (gross, I know!), but hopefully that will help. There's no way I can get on an airplane while I'm unable to equalize (I think that's the right word for it :) ) my ears...I just thought about that last night, and my ENT said today that it would be really painful if I go before this is all fixed, so I guess I have some more visualizing to do.
It's so weird to be out and about, seeing everyone else go about their daily business while all this is happening to me. I've heard people say that before, but I never quite felt it like this. I'll write more tomorrow, but know that I'm OK...a little down, but still OK. Hope everyone is doing well! I have lots of positive things to share with you too, so I'll do that when I have a little bit more energy.
Hope everyone's doing well!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Julie,
I am glad your are home. There is nothing better than being in your own home surroundings. I thought I was going to have to visit you again to walk laps and to make sure you were eating your meals. I know the food is going to change considerably now that mom is heading the kitchen. Watch those calories or you know who will work your butt off. Better yet, eat until your heart is content, and we can just call this one "client retention".

Keep in good spirits and I will hold you in my prayers always.

Love ya!

Laura said...

Jujubee,
How bout some Chicken Enchilada Casserole this weekend???? I'm off and I can come to Mom & Dad's & make it for ya. How bout Sat night? Let me know...and I still need to give you a pedicure! Love you, Laura

P.S. Who's "anonymous" Is it Chuck?

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie:

I'm sympathizing with the way you're feeling about being home. In a weird way, I always hated leaving the hospital. I liked the idea of being in my own bed and not having hospital people poking me at all hours (and regularly ignoring the notes that said "no sticks in the left arm") and yet, there was something that was sort of comforting knowing that medical personnel were around 24/7 to take care of any little problem that popped up. My friends thought I was crazy - because nobody wants to be in the hospital - but there was something sort of comforting and active about being in the hospital...I really believe you'll kick this ear infection soon and get on with the next stage of treatment and this will all be behind you soon. That's what I'm visualing...

Jennifer Z

Kristi said...

Hiya! Just wanted to let you know that I am back from Cape Cod....after a fun but quite stressful weekend. Got lots of stories to share and will give you a ring shortly. Sorry the adjustment back home is a bit tough....hopefully the pups and your mom's good cooking will help you readjust as quick as possible. Sending some happy thoughts your way. ---K

Anonymous said...

Hey,

I wanted to thank you for all the the positve vibes you give off throught your writings in this blog. Though you and I don't know each other (My Mom is a friend of your Mom), I have been getting updates passed to me. It is not easy to have to fight off an illness but your energy and spirit will do just that. Certainly, not said as eliquent or entertaining as your words but I am passing back my good thoughts and vibes your way!
:)