Saturday, June 14, 2008

Hola

Hey there,

Well, I guess I don't have too much to say today. I had some nice visits with friends and family, I did some modified laps (they closed part of my hall because they don't want anyone in the hall near the neutropenic pediatric oncology patients), got some blood, had my dressing changed, you know....fun stuff like that! :) I'm a little annoyed right now because my nurse's assistant never changed my sheets today...she was the laziest assistant I have ever seen. I know it's not a big deal, but little things like that get to me. If I felt really ill, it would be a lot harder for me to keep up on everything and make sure I'm getting all the treatment I need. For the most part, it's a wonderful hospital and the nurses are great, but when any one person slacks, it worries me. I shouldn't have to be stressed about whether they're flushing my Hickman catheter with Heparin or if they've changed my sheets. I guess this is in sharp contrast to my entry the other day about the wonderful nurses, but as I wrote before, my feelings are constantly changing, and it's not my nurse I'm annoyed with...she's one of my favorites: detail-oriented and very kind.

But enough complaining. So I think my hair will probably start falling out soon 'cause my head is getting really itchy. As soon as I notice anything, I will have Laura shave it...I'll keep you posted...it might sound weird, but I'm actually looking forward to not having to deal with it.

All in all, I'm good...just a little frustrated. I think I'll make myself feel better by eating some of Brant's delicious chocolate chip cookies (Aunt Nancy, we finished yours already!). I'm really looking forward to a steak, potato and some asparagus tomorrow...we'll just have to celebrate Father's Day in the hospital. :) My dad makes the best steaks in the world--I can't even eat one when I go out to a restaurant because they never compare, so I'm verrrrrry excited about my meal tomorrow!! Also, I hear I have some delicious soup and pie waiting for me from our next-door neighbor! Yup, I'm all about the food! :)

Hope everyone's enjoying their weekend!
Love ya.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yummm... steak!! Actually I had friends over for dinner tonight and grilled steaks... they brought over corn on the cob and asparagus they grilled right before they came.... yummy! What does your Dad do to make his steaks so good? I'm all about food too! :) Enjoy your day tomorrow celebrating your Dad - he is the best! But you already know that! Love u <3 Eileen

Laura said...

YAY! It sounds like I'll get to shave that little head into a mohawk before too long! :) You think we can dye it pink? Ask your nurses & docs if a little pink hair dye would hurt. :) Looking forward to a head-shaving party! :) Love ya, Laura

P.S. Anyone reading this that doesn't know my personality/sense of humor might find my excitement to shave your little head...creepy. :) Haha, too bad!

lomester said...

OH Laura! Great idea! Pink mohawk - my vote is: SI!