Saturday, August 18, 2007



This image is a picture of what I saw when I left my house at 5:15 this morning to meet up with my team and walk 12 miles. It's actually a very rare star that you only see early in the morning.....just kidding, it's my doorbell! :) hahahaha I bet you believed me. Anyway, I just wanted everyone to get a sense of the commitment I have to get my butt up at 4 AM---YES, you read right!--4 AM so I can eat breakfast 2 hours before walking, and then get all my stuff together.
The walking went really well--I felt good the entire time! My legs are a little tired right now, but for doing 12 miles (in 3 hours, 9 minutes, thank you!), they are doing well. We walked on the Capital Crescent Trail which is a beautiful, shady trail that runs from Georgetown to Silver Spring, MD. There weren't as many bikers on this trail, but there were several who were totally crazy and flew through the center of the trail without a care about the walkers and runners crowded around. Honestly, they need to just calm down. The culprits were not the lycra-clad-hunched-over-their-handlebars-types, but rather the non-helmet-wearing-stupid-young-guys-types. But, I still enjoyed the walk! Having people to talk to makes it go by so much faster, and everytime you see someone else from Team in Training on the trail, you cheer each other on--it's very motivational. I'm sad because it was my last training before the race, which is two weeks from tomorrow!! Next Saturday I can't make it because my friend, Lori, is getting married. I figured I would just substitute dancing for my 6-mile walk. :)
I also found out that the top fundraisers get special bib #s (1-10) which is cool!! They congratulated me for being one of the top people----thanks to all of you, of course!!! You're making me look good. :)
Anyway, I hope everyone enjoys this gorgeous weekend--it is breezy and beautiful outside, just the perfect day. I will enjoy it some more later; for now, I'm off to take a little nap. What? Don't give me a hard time---I deserve it today!

No comments: