Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Don't Try This at Home :)



Just a little light stretching. :) I consider yoga an integral part of any fitness regimen, although unfortunately I have been a bit of a slacker lately. I have done it on and off since my first year at UVA, 12 years ago...man, I can't believe I'm already that old!!! If you haven't tried it, you should. It makes you feel taller, more toned and just generally happy (at least, that's how it affects me!). I've always been proud that I can bend over and touch my toes easily (thanks to 8 years of dance as a child and ridiculously long arms), but yoga certainly takes stretching to a different level. And stretching is an important part of speed walking. I certainly don't want any injuries, so I make sure I take the time to do so before and after my walk...
Which, by the way, went very well today! It was my first day back after the coughing spell of last week. I only had to do 2 miles, and I walked around 6 PM so it wasn't superhot. Doing yoga was a good way to end the day. OK, I'm off to watch my favorite show, "Miami Ink". I'm looking forward to the day that my doctor gives me the official go-ahead to get my tatoo! Maybe in a year or so--definitely something to look forward to!

No comments: