Monday, July 30, 2007

Taking a break








And again I have let time get away from me---Laura, Jameson, Guinness and I had a wonderful time in the mountains last weekend--notice the dogs are even carrying their own backpacks! Not that there's anything in there---I learned this trick from Cesar Milan--often times putting a backpack on a dog will give him/her a sense of purpose and he won't pull as much--well, it works a little. I think I forgot to read the more detailed part of his book though where it explains more how to train them. I've discovered that simply outfitting the dogs with a backpack does not mean they will not pull! :) Usually they will carry water or my keys in the bags, but last week they got off easy.
As far as training, I took a break from it this week. Not because I've gotten lazy, but because I developed this annoying cough and decided I should get that resolved before hitting the pavement again. It feels much better now, so tomorrow I will do some mileage. I sold Crest cards again last Saturday and I made $421 in an hour and a half! What a wonderful way to do some fundraising!!
This past weekend we went to the Yankees-Orioles game. Unfortunately we (the Yankees) lost :(, but it was a very exciting rally in the top of the 9th!! I was daydreaming that A-Rod would come up to bat with the bases loaded and hit a Grand Slam--his 500th home run--how cool would that have been?! It was still a lot of fun! Tomorrow I'm back out to train, so I'll let you know how it goes!!

1 comment:

bob said...

I like the last picture best: The calm, friendly eyes; the hair you just want to touch; the warm smile.

The dogs aren't bad, either.