Thursday, July 19, 2007

A Word from the Silent Blogger

Just because I haven't been typing doesn't mean I haven't been training! In fact, this morning I walked nine miles---how about YOU? :) I was excited that I could walk that far comfortably. Of course, Burke Lake is a nice, shady trail. Still, I think I can easily tack on another 4 miles come race day! Earlier in the week, I went up to Skyline Drive for a night. My training instructions were to do 30 minutes of cross training...I didn't do any crazy hiking, but there was some uphill rockiness involved in my stroll around the lodge and campsite area of Big Meadows. :) I'll put up some photos later--it was beautiful up there--a good 20 degrees cooler! I saw lots of deer and spotted some baby birds, although Katie drove up today and a black bear walked in front of her car! My dad has a big exam in the fall, so he went up there to study, and we're all taking turns going up to visit. Hopefully I'll get to go back on Sunday with the dogs to take a short hike. Guinness is actually from Page County, which is nearby, so I'm sure he will be excited! Let's see---what else is going on? I'm just training hard and looking forward to the race. More fascinating tales to come!!!!

No comments: