Sunday, July 1, 2007

Is This Really July?!






Wow! It felt like fall or spring, not the first day of July! I wonder when the last time was that we welcomed July with a beautiful, even breezy day. Although I mistakenly thought today was a rest day (and you know how I feel about those!), I was happy to get out and walk in such gorgeous weather. My instructions were to walk for an hour and a half. My dad joined me and we walked about six miles on the Washington and Old Dominion Trail (W&OD). Lori, thanks for the recomm - endation--it was a nice walk! The only down side was the lack of shade in the section we walked on--but that was no problem today!! Hmmm...it seems that I'm using an awful lot of exclamation points, but that just means it was a good day! :)
There are lots of bikers on this trail, but they didn't seem quite as aggressive as those on the Mount Vernon Trail. I love to watch the roller bladers--I really wish I could do that because it looks like a blast. Ever since that broken wrist in elementary school following the roller skating accident, I've been a bit skittish of putting wheels on my feet. Maybe I should start out with "Heelies" and work my way up. By the way, have you noticed that wearing them is prohibited in some stores? Who would have ever thought that they would be putting wheels on kids' sneakers? Crazy stuff.
So it was a beautiful day, and I'm ready to rest. I'm looking forward to a nice steak and some red wine...those should definitely be on the list of what to eat when training!!

No comments: