Sunday, August 10, 2008

Today was a good day. I woke up this morning at 6:15 to be at the infusion clinic by 7, and they gave me some platelets. Laura and I had fun talking with a patient who I remember meeting back in '05, and I got to catch up with another wonderful nurse who I haven't seen since 2006, when I had my final infusion of blood following my first diagnosis.
When I got home, I decided to try out the new relaxation CD I downloaded, and it worked! It worked last night too. Laura, Katie and my mom all made fun of me because they said it's weird, but it just reminds me of the relaxation we would do at the end of my yoga class. Go to this website to get a preview, but I highly recommend it (as do Lori and Tim, just ask them!): http://www.heidiminnickphd.com/cds.html

Katie's getting ready to go home, so I'll miss her, but she'll be back next weekend. We took the dogs for walks yesterday and today--it was the most beautiful weekend--it's always amazing when it's not muggy in VA in the summer!

I guess I don't have too much else to say today! I'm getting blood on Tuesday, and I'll probably need more platelets later in the week. Other than that, I go to my doctor's office every day so they can draw my blood and give me my blood counts. They also give me a shot of Neupogen...my arms are pretty bruised up now, but they don't hurt. Laura and I were talking with another patient today, and we all decided I need to make up some cool story as to how I got those bruises....like I fought some crazy person off and although I got a little bruised, I won. :)
Anyway, it's gettin' late so I'm gonna go read before I go to bed. I love ending my day with a book, but only if it won't give me nightmares. I also decided when I first got sick in '05 that I wouldn't make myself finish a book if I wasn't enjoying it...I just figured, life is too short for that! I no longer feel guilty throwing the book aside when I realize it's not something I look forward to picking up and reading at the end of the day.
Hope everyone had a nice weekend!
Love ya.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be thinking of you and your family as you travel to Seattle. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Veronica Dietz
(Theresa's Mom)

Katie said...

"Now, relax your organs..."

Laura said...

I never said the relaxation CD was "weird"...it's just not something I would find relaxing...if I'm trying to fall asleep, I'd rather have the only noise be a fan blowing, or some other kind of static noise...not some lady talking. ;) And I loved that guy we met at the infusion clinic...what an incredible attitude he had! :) Love ya, Laura