Friday, August 8, 2008

Hi there! Don't worry...this won't be a long one 'cause I'm a little sleepy now. :) Let's see, what do I have to share with you...they did more cultures yesterday to make sure the organism, which was a type of staph, was a skin contaminant, in which case (the way I understand it) the culture bottles shouldn't grow any organisms. I should find out more when I go to the doctor tomorrow. I got blood today, and I went to the clinic at 6:30 with the intention of getting lots done, however I ended up sleeping about 4 hours or so (those infusion chairs are so comfy, plus I take my travel pillow and a warm fleece blanket).
Well, I must have gotten blood from a very organized person because when I got home, I was so efficient! I got lots of stuff (paperwork stuff) done for Seattle, so I felt pretty happy with myself. Lori, Tim and Laura came over for burgers, and we enjoyed a wonderful evening, so I felt like that was my reward for working hard all afternoon. :) We called the owls out on the porch, and they came! You probably wonder what this means. Well, there are several bard owls in our neighborhood, and we discovered that when we play a recording of an owl that Ronnie got off the Internet, the owls answer! It's really cool to hear, and it's even more fascinating when they perch on trees near the porch where we can see them. No, we're not crazy...ask anyone who's experienced it!! Click on this link and listen to the recordings: http://www.owling.com/Barred.htm
Anyway, now Laura and I are watching "Frasier"...it's always fun when she sleeps over, despite the fact that she constantly reminds me she's my gift of life! :) hahaha
Hope everyone is doing well!!!

4 comments:

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura said...

I have to remind you I'm giving you THE GIFT OF LIFE, so that I can borrow your clothes. :) Before when I used to ask you, you weren't so...giving. Now you seem to let me raid your closet. I think I'm liking this change of events. ;) Love ya, Laura

Anonymous said...

As a two-time owl spectator, I have to admit this is a very unique and fun experience. Although, I think the call sounds of Dr. Matthews have more of an effect than the recording...and he grills a mean veggie burger, too! :)

Katie said...

Am I the only one that doesn't like the owl calling activity? I swear that one day it's going to swoop down and attack someone with its large talons! :o)