Thursday, June 28, 2007

What I learned today...

Never eat olives before you go walking in the heat. Lesson learned. Other than that, it was a great walk! :) I did about 15 minutes a mile and the walk included 3 hills and a good-sized slope...PLUS it must have been 100 degrees or so with lots of humidity, our typical Virginia summer. I have discovered that there are certain songs that really get me walking in a good rhythm...Bon Jovi's "Livin' on a Prayer", Metallica's "Enter Sandman", "Footloose" (no need to put the artist...I think we all know this song!!), and Georgia Satellites' "Keep Your Hands to Yourself"... it's all I can do to hold myself back and keep from dancing down the street! Depite the olives, it was a good day. Tomorrow is a rest day and I never skip that part of the training!

1 comment:

lomester said...

and never ever have a 7/11 slushee after a long walk/run in the heat.

Just trust me.