Friday, June 22, 2007

Taping a commercial for 106.7 WJFK

Soon all of you who live in the metro DC area will be privileged to hear the smooth sounds of my voice on the radio waves. :) Inova Blood Donor Services teamed up with WJFK (106.7) to arrange blood drives in the area, and they asked several patients to give a short testimony about their personal successes after receiving blood products. Today I went to the studio on Main Street in Fairfax and recorded a short spot which should start running sometime next week.
Unfortunately, Don and Mike are no longer at the Fairfax location, but I did get a little tour and I saw where they recorded their show for about the past 15 years. Although I grew up hearing about them since they live in our area, I never really listened until Ronnie began chauffeuring me to and from my doctor's appointments in 2005. They brought us a lot of laughs during a time that might have otherwise been a little too serious. I know, this post has nothing to do with Team in Training or my walk, but I thought it was interesting nonetheless!!
Plus, what kind of advertiser would I be if I didn't pass on the necessity for blood in our area?! If you have some extra moments and you are able to donate, do it. If you're not convinced, just listen to all the stories that will be on WJFK, and you will realize that it truly makes a difference. It may only be a half hour or so out of your life, but it will be something the patient remembers forever.

2 comments:

lomester said...

ugh - i can't donate blood apparently because I was in europe during mad cow disease. that is what they told me last year when i tried. You look cute julieta! was i supposed to call you? am i the worst friend (umm - yes and maybe)

Anonymous said...

Great work.